TOMO and tokens issued on TomoChain are officially supported by the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet. The following describes how to use Ledger Nano S to connect to and use TomoChain Labs' services.
This guide will show how to
- Install the TomoChain App on the Ledger Nano S
- Access the TOMO Wallet with the Ledger Nano S through MetaMask and MyEtherWallet.
- Receive TOMO
- Send TOMO
- Check account balance on the TomoChain Explorer (TomoScan)
- Latest version of TOMO app installed
- A computer with at least macOS 10.9, Windows 8 (64-bit) or Linux Ubuntu 16.10
- A U2F compatible browser (Google Chrome, Opera, FireFox, Brave)
Using the Ledger Live application, follow these instructions:
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live
- Connect and unlock the Ledger Nano S
- Allow the Manager on the Ledger Nano S device by pressing the right button if asked
- Search the App catalog for TOMO, and click the Install button next to the TOMO app
- An installation window will appear, and the device will display Processing…
- The TOMO App installation is complete and ready to use
TomoChain is compatible with MetaMask. Users can use MetaMask as a bridge between Ledger Nano S and TomoChain to make transactions to the TomoChain blockchain.
- Choose TomoChain Mainnet as the network
- Choose HD path for your wallet (Ledger Live by default)
- Choose an account address that you want to use
- Click on UNLOCK
- Ledger Nano S is ready to go with TomoChain
Note: You can verify the balance of the account by copying the account address and checking it on TomoScan.
Users can use MyEtherWallet vintage for Ledger Nano S to connect to TomoChain. We recommend checking and following this clear tutorial with the following information:
Note: Select TOMO (tomochain.com) the crypto asset network in the top-right corner. Select m/44'/60'/0'/0 as the derivation path
TomoMaster is the decentralized governance Dapp of TomoChain, allowing users to vote/unvote for masternodes and apply to become a Masternode Candidate.
- Make sure the Ledger Nano S device is powered on, unlocked and the TomoChain Dapp is open
- Plug the Ledger Nano S into your PC/Laptop
- Click on Login button (top right)
- Select Ledger Wallet from the dropdown list
- Choose m/44’/60’/0’/0 path if the Ledger Nano S has the latest firmware. Otherwise, use m/44’/889’/0’/0 path
- Click on Save
- Choose one of the addresses that you want to use
- TOMO Balance (right column) should show next to addresses (the first address has 2 TOMO as in the figure)
- Click on Unlock your wallet