Now we’re ready to use our Dapp!
Install the MetaMask browser extension in Chrome or FireFox.
Once installed, you’ll see the MetaMask fox icon next to your address bar. Click the icon and MetaMask will open up.
Create a New password. Then, write down the Secret Backup Phrase and accept the terms. By default, MetaMask will create a new Ethereum address for you.
4. Now we’re connected to the Ethereum network, with a brand new wallet with 0 ETH.
5. Let’s now connect MetaMask to TomoChain (testnet). Click the menu with the “Main Ethereum Network” and select Custom RPC. Use the Networks data from TomoChain (testnet) and click Save
Connecting MetaMask to TomoChain (testnet)
6. The network name at the top will switch to say “TomoChain testnet”. Now that we are on TomoChain network we can import TomoChain wallets.
We could use the TOMO wallet we created previously, but better let’s create a new TOMO wallet and add a few TOMO tokens — you know how to do it.
7. Once you have created your new TOMO wallet, copy the private key. Back to MetaMask, click on the top-right circle and select Import Account. Paste the private key and voilà! Your TOMO wallet is loaded in MetaMask
Importing a wallet
We will now start a local web server and interact with the Dapp. We’re using the
lite-server. This shipped with the
pet-shop Truffle box.
The settings for this are in the files
package.json, if you want to take a look. These tell npm to run our local install of
lite-server when we execute
npm run dev from the console.
Start the local web server:
npm run dev
The dev server will launch and automatically open a new browser tab containing your Dapp.Pete’s Pet Shop
Normally, a MetaMask notification automatically requests a connection.
2. To use the Dapp, click the Adopt button on the pet of your choice.
3. You’ll be automatically prompted to approve the transaction by MetaMask. Set some Gas and click Confirm to approve the transaction
Adoption transaction review
4. You’ll see the button next to the adopted pet change to say “Success” and become disabled, just as we specified, because the pet has now been adopted.
And in MetaMask you’ll see the transaction listed
Congratulations! You have taken a huge step to becoming a full-fledged Dapp developer. You have all the tools you need to start making more advanced Dapps and now you can make your Dapp live for others to use deploying to TomoChain.