Build a Dapp on TomoChain
In this guide:
- Setting up Truffle, the most popular development framework for Ethereum which also works perfectly for TomoChain
- Creating a Truffle project
- Creating a TomoChain wallet
- Requesting free tokens using TomoChain faucet
- Writing a smart contract
- Compiling and migrating the smart contract to TomoChain
- Connecting Metamask to TomoChain Testnet
- Creating a user interface to interact with the smart contract
Remember CryptoKitties in 2017? A single Dapp brought the whole Ethereum blockchain to its knees. The network was congested, with endless waiting times for transaction confirmation and high transaction fees. Porting to TomoChain would seem a good idea for the cute kitties.
TomoChain Mainnet can process 2,000 TPS, which is 100x faster than the Ethereum blockchain, and for a fraction of the cost.
In this tutorial, we will see how to build a Dapp using Solidity and then deploy it to TomoChain blockchain.
Note: Because deploying a smart contract on Mainnet is much similar to Testnet, the differences are just the configuration information, this document will explicitly mention the differences where possible